Monday, July 23, 2012

Pinning My Way Thru Life..the birth of a blog

I never thought I would start a blog. I like the idea behind it but wasn't sure what I wanted to "blog" about. I'm not really an "expert" on anything, and to be honest I wasn't sure if I can commit to such a thing. I didn't want to fail myself or my "blogging" audience (if one shall ever exist) by having days or even months in between posts! Blogging about my life, I felt, would only interest myself and not anyone else. Saying that, my friend Shannon, writes a very humorous, loving blog about herself, her little girl Lena, and her husband Evan that is worth checking out ..http://3littlefishies.blogspot.com/2012/07/post-birthday-party-analysis.html.


So enough of the boring stuff, let's talk about how "Pinning My Way Thru Life" was born.  I, like most of America, have started a love affair with Pinterest. If you don't know what Pinterest is, and have been living under a virtual rock, here is a little "how to"  http://pinterest.com/about/, but I digress.


I found myself however being somewhat of a pinning "whore". I would feverishly pin web pages, pin other peoples pins, follow pins, follow friends who pin, follow people I don't even KNOW who pin, make up "boards", organize my "boards and pins" and so on and so on, but I wasn't practicing what I "Pin."  I realized I haven 't tried ANYTHING that I was pinning. Not one recipe, DIY project, natural cleaning product, gardening oasis, drink, diet plan..NOTHING.


So one weekend when my little guy was napping I decided I would practice what I "pin."  It was a a grout cleaner using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.  Well it was a huge cleaning "FAIL" (I will get back to the"Pin" that started this blogging madness). Now I'm not suzy homemaker, so this can very well be me being a challenged housewife but I thought to myself "I should really tell my friends about this and tell them the challenges (or success stories) I have had with my "pins".  That is how "Pinning My Way Thru Life" blog was born!


So as I practice what I "pin" (and take you along for the crazy ride) I hope you can take a little something away from my "pinning" experiments. A little bit of humor and a little bit of "pinning" knowledge!


For those interested on following me on Pinterest...

http://pinterest.com/bebecka23/





Happy Pinning!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment